This Policy provides you with details about the types of personal data that we collect from you, how we use your personal data and the rights you have to control our use of your personal data.
When we say “50m”, “us”, “our” or “we” in this Policy, we are referring to Rails London Ltd, a company incorporated under the Laws of England and Wales under number 10905787, whose registered office is located at Rails London Ltd, Makerversity, Somerset House New Wing, Lancaster Place, WC2R 1LA.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the “GDPR”), Rails London Ltd is the “data controller” (as defined in the GDPR) of the personal data, when it determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
In addition, under the GDPR:
‘personal data’ means any information relating to you and that identifies you, directly or indirectly;
‘processing’ means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data.
We collect personal data, either directly from you, most of the time obtained through forms on our Site, or indirectly when you interact with us.
When we collect personal data through forms, fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory. Indeed, some of the personal data we request from you are either necessary for us to perform a contract between you and 50m, or to provide you with a service you have asked for, or to comply with legal requirements. If you do not provide the personal data marked with an asterisk, this may affect the goods and services that we can provide.
We collect and process personal data for the following purposes:
- Customer relationship management where we mainly collect identifying data such as your name and your contact details;
- Management of the orders where we collect information such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information;
- Sending commercial communications, in particular via your subscription to our newsletters by entering your e-mail address;
- Organization of competitions or promotional operations where we collect data such as your name, e-mail address or telephone number;
- Management of the after-sale service when 50m answers to requests regarding our products or our brand if you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Management of the customer reviews on products for which we collect at least your e-mail address;
- Analysis of the ergonomy of our Site via some cookies or other technologies allowing us to collect information about your online browsing, such as information regarding your browser type, the country code where your device is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our Site.
Legal basis for processing your personal data is as follows:
- Processing of data relating to customer relationship management and management of your orders are either based on the performance of a contract between you and 50m (e.g. when you create an account with us or you order a product from us), or based on our legitimate interests (transaction security helps us to prevent fraud);
- Processing of data linked with the sending of commercial communications are based on your specific consent;
- Legal basis to process data in view of the organization of competitions or promotional operations is the performance of a contract between you and 50m (to allow you to participate to such operation);
- When you send a request regarding our products or our brand or for the management of the customer reviews on products, processing of your data is based on your specific consent;
- Processing linked to the ergonomy of our Site and the development of statistics is based either on our legitimate interests for the cookies used to improve our website and to ensure it functions properly and it is secure and safe, or on your specific consent for all the other cookies (to send targeted advertising or to propose tailored services, to run statistics). For more information, please refer to our “Cookies” below section.
We will treat all your Personal Information as confidential. Information about our customers is important and protecting your privacy is essential to us, we do not share your personal data with any third parties other than for the limited reasons specified below.
We will only disclose data to:
- Other companies within our Group of companies,
- Suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf,
- Government bodies and law enforcement agencies to comply with legal obligations or protect some rights,
- Successors in title to our business (in the case of a transfer of assets or if we sell any or part of our business).
We share personal data on a limited basis with trusted suppliers we use to perform operations on our behalf. These suppliers can assist us by providing us our Internet platform, providing marketing assistance, delivering our products to you, providing customer service or helping us to prevent fraud. We only provide them with personal information they need to perform their services and we ask them to commit to use your data only for specific listed purposes. We will always use our best efforts to make sure that these third parties will keep your personal data secure and confidential.
We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Policy; or protect the rights, property or safety of the Site, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. However, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personal information for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Policy.
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it to achieve the purpose for which it has been collected or to meet our legal obligations.
- We keep the data relating to the creation of an account until you request us to delete it or after a certain period of user inactivity;
- Data relating to product order, either through a customer account or via the guest checkout, will be kept for the duration of our contractual relationship linked to the management of the order;
- When you take part to competitions or promotional operations, your data will be kept for the duration of such operation;
- Data relating to your subscription to our newsletter will be kept until you request us to unsubscribe or delete it or after a certain period of user inactivity;
- When you send us a request regarding our products or our brand, your data will be kept for the time necessary to handle such request;
- Personal data within cookies set on your terminal will be kept for as long as we need it to achieve the purpose for which it has been collected.
We might keep some personal data for a longer time to comply with legal or regulatory obligations (e.g. to meet our obligations linked with invoicing) or to protect our legitimate business interests (e.g. to bring a claim before the Court).
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us.
When accessing our website, information about your browsing may be saved in some "cookies" files installed on your device.
We issue these cookies to facilitate navigation on our website.
They can also be issued by our providers in order to offer you personalised advertising when you access other websites.
In addition, some cookies may be on different areas on our Site, displaying advertising content from third-parties advertisers on your device.
Please note that only the issuer of a cookie may read or modify information contained therein.
Cookies we install on your device allow us to recognize your browser when you connect to our website.
We issue cookies for the following purposes:
- Establish traffic statistics (number of visits, page views, abandonment during the order process) to monitor and improve the quality of our services;
- Adapt the presentation of our website to the display preferences of your terminal;
- Memorize information entered in forms, manage and secure access to specific and personal places such as your account, manage your shopping cart. We may send you e-mails to keep you informed of the status of your order: you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in each email;
- Provide you with content, including advertising, related to your interests and customize the offers we send you.
When you access our Site, one or more cookies from our providers ("third-party cookies") may be placed on your device via the pages of our website or via content displayed in our advertising spaces.
The cookies placed on our website by the providers we use to promote our activities and our offers are designed to:
- Identify the products seen or purchased on our website in order to personalize the advertising offer sent to you when you access other websites;
- Send you 50m offers by email if you have authorized them when registering.
You can configure your browser software so that cookies are saved in your device or, in order they are rejected, either systematically or according to their issuer.
You can also configure your browser so that the acceptance or rejection of cookies is offered to you punctually, before a cookie is likely to be registered in your device.
If your browser is set to refuse all cookies, you will not be able to make purchases or take advantage of essential features of our Website, such as keeping products in your cart. The configuration of each browser is different. You will find more information on how to eliminate or control cookies on http://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/
We might display or send personalized content or communications using profiling techniques (defined by the GDPR as any form of automated processing of personal data evaluating the personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyse or predict aspects concerning the data subject's personal preferences or interests, behavior or location).
When you agree to be contacted by us for commercial purposes, we may send you e-mails and other communications about goods and services that may be of interest to you. We do this by studying our customers' online browsing and shopping habits, and providing them with information about the products they have viewed and those they use. If you have indicated your preferences when you have given us your details, we will use them to better select the information we will send you.
We use online browsing data to track use of our Site in order to understand which products and services are of interest to you and to collect certain personal information such as name, email address, phone number, and a unique identifier associated with your device. This information is then used to assist you in the buying process including by contacting you from time to time (either by email or SMS) or to personalise advertising displayed to you online.
To provide you with the best services and to allow you a secure experience regarding the payment and the delivery of your orders, we will use some of your data in order to prevent and to avoid any misuse of this Site.
Concerned data are: data regarding the implementation of the contract (purchased items, personal information, payment method and banking data).
Following such test and depending on the result, we may decide to implement any relevant security measures or, when the transaction security can’t be ensured, we may decide to cancel the order. In case of an incident, such as fraudulent use of the means of payment or fraud with the delivery, the data relating to the order will be stored in a specific file which would allow us to conduct any relevant additional verification for future orders. You will be notified of any test conducted by us, allowing you to express your observations.
In the case you withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data regarding transaction security, you may no longer be able to use the website or to place an order.
You have the following rights at any time:
- The right to request access to personal data that we hold about you;
- The right to request from us rectification of any personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to request erasure (‘right to be forgotten’) of personal data if these data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed or if you withdraw your consent (we might have to keep some personal data to meet legal requirements or legitimate interests though).
- The right to obtain restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
- If you have contested the accuracy of your personal data, processing shall be restricted for a period enabling us to verify such accuracy,
- When processing is unlawful and you oppose to the erasure of your personal data and request the restriction of their use instead,
- If we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing but they are required by you to establish, exercise or defend your legal claims,
- When you have objected to processing based on legitimate interests, processing shall be restricted for a period enabling the verification whether our legitimate grounds override yours.
- The right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, where processing of your personal data is based on our legitimate interests. You also have the right to object at any time to processing for direct marketing purposes (including profiling to the extent that it relates to such direct marketing);
- The right to data portability, meaning you have the right to receive the personal data we hold about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you have the right to transmit those data to another controller where the processing is based on your consent or on a contract and is carried out by automated means. You have also the right to have your personal data transmitted directly from us to another controller where technically feasible;
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-mail we have sent to you or, alternatively, by contacting us using the following contact details: email@example.com or: Rails London Ltd, Makerversity, Somerset House New Wing, Lancaster Place, WC2R 1LA.
- The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you (unless if this decision is necessary for entering into, or performance of, a contract between you and 50m or is based on your explicit consent);
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you have reasons to think that your rights on your personal data are infringed by 50m.
Note that we may ask you additional information necessary to confirm your identity to exercise your rights.
We are committed to offering our customers a safe and secure environment. Whilst we take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard the personal data that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the Internet to us.
Certain links within the Site may be to other unrelated third party companies. We will never share your personal information with those third party companies.
We will never ask you to confirm any account or credit card details via e-mail. If you receive an e-mail claiming to be from 50m asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you have any questions or concerns relating to this Policy or any other privacy-related questions or if you would like to exercise any of your rights above described, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or by writing to the following address:
Rails London Ltd, Makerversity, Somerset House New Wing, Lancaster Place, WC2R 1LA.
Rails London Ltd
Registered in England & Wales - Number 10905787
VAT Number - 275 4088 81
Last Updated – 30 July 2018
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.